For the users in the field
- Fast, easy data entry, direct from the source
- Immediate response to important problems
- Lower data entry burden for everyone
- Automatic data checking
- System query functions – to get information from the system
- Return messages confirming report details
- Sustainable, integrated system using everyday technology
- Regular reports generated automatically
- More time for important work and less paperwork
For all users
- Provides service and benefit to all users
- Replaces a slow, paper-based system
- Stronger support for decision makers
- Immediate access to the data at all levels
- User-friendly, flexible data sharing service
- Automatic analyses for different routine purposes
- Real time access to data in different formats
And all this …
- allows us to help farmers better.
- helps to reduce risks to rural communities and the livestock sector.
Win-win for data users
- Data captured electronically in the field making field work easier
- Data quickly and automatically available at higher levels for policy and decision-making.
- Uses existing tools – mobile phones, SMS, spread sheets, web browser, e-mail
- No new systems or software to learn.
- Data reporting from the field to the database is direct and electronic
- Immediate access to the latest data by all authorised stakeholders .
- A single system for all relevant data available on a single website.
- Based on open-source software
- Developed to be managed and adapted by Indonesian staff
- Open-access, easy to use training packages
- New staff can learn how to use the system easily
- Staff supported with additional courses to strengthen skills in the collection, management and use of data.